Diamond Plate Pits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Game Of Thrones Genesis Product Activation
Hello from Nebraska EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 1:28 am by bertrulry

» Hwk Support Suite Setup V02.20.003
Hello from Nebraska EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 2:55 am by bertrulry

» Canon Lbp 3010b Driver
Hello from Nebraska EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 7:05 pm by bertrulry

» Shelter (2007)
Hello from Nebraska EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 11:08 am by bertrulry

» Pink_Floyd-What_Do_You_Want_From_Mefrom_Pulse.mp3
Hello from Nebraska EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 1:24 pm by bertrulry

» Flow Free Windows 7
Hello from Nebraska EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 5:16 am by bertrulry

» DIAMOND PLATE PITS ARE BACK!!!
Hello from Nebraska EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 10:01 am by Travis_Creek

» Drug Addiction Treatment Iowa
Hello from Nebraska EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 6:44 pm by Guest

» x-Hack hack you
Hello from Nebraska EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 3:45 am by Guest

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Hello from Nebraska

3 posters

Go down

Hello from Nebraska Empty Hello from Nebraska

Post  Jeff T Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:11 am

Hello i`m Jeff T from Norfolk Nebraska i have had my Big 40 for a few years now and love it.
Cooking a promo (at least i`m running with that idea) sort of thing this weekend at a county fair. I started a catering business this year and using the fair as a starting point. This way the locals will get to "oooh and aaah" over the Big 40 & i`ll get to pass out some business cards & fliers, shake some hands & give out some free "Q" samples. And i might just win a peoples choice award at the cook off if my food is good enough.
Very Happy
Last year with the Big 40 we took 12th out of 52 teams at a local rib cook off. Maybe this year i`ll win that $100 prize. For the life of me i can`t figure out what those farm boys call good ribs cause last year was the best i have ever turned out.
Thanks for letting me join you forum!

Jeff T

Back to top Go down

Hello from Nebraska Empty Re: Hello from Nebraska

Post  TOPS BBQ Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:41 am

Jeff, good to see you on board! Catering with a Big 40? Wow! Shocked I cater with my FAT 50 and I get nervous about running out of room (I haven't yet). I wanted a 60 or 70 but it just wouldn't fit on the side of my house.

What do your cards look like? What type of samples do you give out at the fair? Good luck in getting the elusive rib prize. That's the one area that I have been lacking in the trophy case. Sad

Robert
TOPS BBQ
TOPS BBQ

http://www.TOPSBBQ.com

Back to top Go down

Hello from Nebraska Empty Welcome

Post  Sticks Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:44 am

Welcome and good luck this weekend, let us know how it turns out.
Sticks
Sticks
Admin

https://diamondplatepits.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:23 am

Tops
i too worry i will not have the room but then again i have not cooked a paying party yet. Sad
I figure i can get enough ribs on rib racks for 1/4 portions to feed 100. Not sure about chicken thighs, legs or quarters. Biggest meat items are butts & brisket. Will have to jump that fence when i get there.Rolling Eyes My target range is 20 - 100 peoples. The only other hot item i`ll serve is the beans & they can be cooked in a roaster if need be. I also have a WSM with a stacker too. A case of butts will fit in the wsm w/stacker. I`m thinking i can get at least a cases & a half - two cases of butts on the Big 40. I have access to a 6 ft OK Joe mobile & you probably remember my post on the smoke ring about Ole Rusty the Rotisserie 6ft mobile i can use that thing also.
Big 40`s cook chamber is 48” W X 30” H X 42” D. I figured i`d have the space to cook for 100 people huh?
I cooked for my son`s boot camp party a few weeks ago i managed to stuff 100 rib let portions on the rack. Just fit though. We ended up with 80 face stuffers & had leftover rib lets. Also cooked to briskets on the WSM. Between the Wife's family & mine i figured to cook for 100 - 125 at that party, i thought the face stuffers would eat like the little piggies they are but we have left over`s to give out. Very Happy

The county fair cook off turned out great, we won 1st in pork with the rib lets we cooked. Razz "yippee" We also cooked wings, beans & boneless beef chuck short ribs which is basically a boneless chunk of chuck. All the meats were for peoples choice awards and passed out on either tooth picks or napkins. There were 8 teams cooking so winning something was pretty much a shoe in. I did manage to get four 30 second interviews with a local radio station covering the cook off. Went like this... "we are with Jeff from Whyldfire Bar-B-Que Catering Service of Norfolk Ne., what are you cooking for the pork category"?( insert mic here Shocked ) Then i would explain a little bit about what and how i was cooking it & followed up with "be sure & visit us on the web at wwwdotwfbbqdotcom" Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy We had a blast. The gal from the radio station told me she was impressed with our set-up and how i handle the interviews, "You did good Jeff"..... It was fun.

Jeff

Back to top Go down

Post  TOPS BBQ Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:57 pm

Congratulations Jeff! Can't beat free advertisements. Cool
TOPS BBQ
TOPS BBQ

http://www.TOPSBBQ.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content