Diamond Plate Pits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Game Of Thrones Genesis Product Activation
Greetings from the Great White North of MN EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 1:28 am by bertrulry

» Hwk Support Suite Setup V02.20.003
Greetings from the Great White North of MN EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 2:55 am by bertrulry

» Canon Lbp 3010b Driver
Greetings from the Great White North of MN EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 7:05 pm by bertrulry

» Shelter (2007)
Greetings from the Great White North of MN EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 11:08 am by bertrulry

» Pink_Floyd-What_Do_You_Want_From_Mefrom_Pulse.mp3
Greetings from the Great White North of MN EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 1:24 pm by bertrulry

» Flow Free Windows 7
Greetings from the Great White North of MN EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 5:16 am by bertrulry

» DIAMOND PLATE PITS ARE BACK!!!
Greetings from the Great White North of MN EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 10:01 am by Travis_Creek

» Drug Addiction Treatment Iowa
Greetings from the Great White North of MN EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 6:44 pm by Guest

» x-Hack hack you
Greetings from the Great White North of MN EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 3:45 am by Guest

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Greetings from the Great White North of MN

4 posters

Go down

Greetings from the Great White North of MN Empty Greetings from the Great White North of MN

Post  Skiumah Smokers Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:00 pm

Just picked up my Fat 50 last week from Okie Jay, and so far so good. I have only cooked on her once, and am cooking on her for the second time today, but she seems to be running pretty well. I have noticed that it takes a long time to get her up to temp, am I supposed to build a roaring fire to begin with....Thanks for the forum, Zeke Taylor
Skiumah Smokers
Skiumah Smokers

Back to top Go down

Greetings from the Great White North of MN Empty Re: Greetings from the Great White North of MN

Post  swinewerks Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:40 pm

Congrats, my fat 40 usually comes to temp in about 45min. I found that I needed some extra expanded metal on the fire grate to hold coals better and a good bed of lit lump also helps to get things going. Hopefully Sticks will post his mods here. I talked with him yesterday at a comp and he has found that a stoker and lump can get you a 3 1/2 hours burn on his 60. You will find that they are very easy to control and very even temps. Welcome to the forum.
swinewerks
swinewerks

Back to top Go down

Greetings from the Great White North of MN Empty Re: Greetings from the Great White North of MN

Post  TOPS BBQ Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:35 pm

Welcome aboard, Zeke! I too have a FAT 50. What options did you get? Any mods in mind? Post some pics when you get a chance.

FYI - I only burn Apple wood. I start with about 3 or 4 splits. Takes about 45 min to burn down into a good base to add one split about every hour, depending on the outside conditions. Never used coals.
TOPS BBQ
TOPS BBQ

http://www.TOPSBBQ.com

Back to top Go down

Greetings from the Great White North of MN Empty Welcome to the Forum

Post  Sticks Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:24 pm

We are slowly building in numbers here in KC, I went over to the NKC BBQ Contest and me Scout and Greg both in the KC area and both with Fat 40's I beleive, Great guys. Welcome to the world of DPP, you will love your pit.
Sticks
Sticks
Admin

https://diamondplatepits.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down